Here are some tips to improving English both in how your learn and via the internet.
- Remember that learning a language is a gradual process – it does not happen overnight.
- Define your learning objectives early: What do you want to learn and why? – Take this quiz to find out what kind of English learner you are.
- Make learning a habit. Try to learn something every day. It is much better to study (or read, or listen to English news, etc.) 10 minutes each day than to study for 2 hours once a week. – Take the English tip of the day newlsetter to help you.
- Choose your materials well. You will need reading, grammar, writing, speaking and listening materials – Beginners can use this starting English guide, intermediate to advanced learners can use this continue learning English guide.
- Vary your learning routine. It is best to do different things each day to help keep the various relationships between each area active. In other words, don’t just study grammar.
- Find friends to study and speak with. Learning English together can be very encouraging. – Sozietycan help you find friends to speak English over the inernet.
- Choose listening and reading materials that relate to what you are interested in. Being interested in the subject will make learning more enjoyable – thus more effective.
- Relate grammar to practical usage. Grammar by itself does not help you USE the language. You should practice what you are learning by employing it actively.
- Move your mouth! Understanding something doesn’t mean the muscles of your mouth can produce the sounds. Practice speaking what you are learning aloud. It may seem strange, but it is very effective.
- Be patient with yourself. Remember learning is a process – speaking a language well takes time. It is not a computer that is either on or off!
- Communicate! There is nothing like communicating in English and being successful. Grammar exercises are good – having your friend on the other side of the world understand your email is fantastic!
- Use the Internet. The Internet is the most exciting, unlimited English resource that anyone could imagine and it is right at your finger tips.
- Be patient with yourself.
- Practice, practice, practice
If you like to take english classes by internet add skype col1egroff